TERMS OF SERVICE
- 1.1 In these Conditions "the Seller" means Lenskart Optical Trading L.L.C, "the Buyer " means the person, firm or company with whom the Seller agrees to sell or supply the Goods via the website Lenskart (the “Website”), "the Goods" means the sunglasses, Eyeglasses, Lenses, frames or such other goods which are the subject of sale or supply between the Seller and the Buyer, and “this contract” means the contract/sale of Goods arrangement entered into between the Buyer and the Seller in relation to the Goods.
- 1.2 All sales of Goods on the Website are made subject to the Conditions set forth herein and the following:
- (i) all orders are accepted on these conditions which shall supersede any other terms appearing in the Seller’s catalogue or elsewhere (including all terms and conditions for the sale of the same products in the Seller’s physical stores), and shall override and exclude any other terms stipulated or referred to by the Buyer in any course of dealing established between the Seller and the Buyer; and
- (ii) all orders made by the Buyer are binding and may not be cancelled save as provided under Clause 2A below, or save where the Seller in its sole discretion deems it necessary, or save where the prices of the Goods have been wrongly quoted;
- 1.3 When the Buyer uses this website to purchase Goods, the Buyer signifies his/her agreement to these conditions and represents to the Seller that he/she is of legal age to make such purchases, and to enter into binding legal obligations with the Seller. The Buyer is financially responsible for all uses of this Website by himself/herself, and those using his/her login or account information, and warrants that all information supplied by him/her is true, accurate and complete.
- 1.4 By submitting an order, the Buyer confirms that he/she (i) is aged 16 or over and is not registered blind or partially sighted, (ii) is in possession of a valid prescription given by a suitably qualified person, and (iii) will supply accurate details of their prescription when requested.
- 1.5 The Buyer may use the Website only to make legal and legitimate purchases, and the Seller reserves the right to cancel or suspend the Buyer’s use of the Website, or any pending orders for Goods at any time without notice if the Seller suspects that the Buyer’s account is used by a person other than the Buyer, or there is a breach of any of these Conditions, or the Website is used in a manner that may cause loss or liability to the Buyer or Seller.
- 2.1 The description and price of Goods shall be set out on the Website.
- 2.2 All samples, descriptions, and illustrations in the Seller's catalogues, price lists, and advertisements or otherwise communicated to the Buyer shall not form part of this contract, but shall be treated as being issued or published for the sole purpose of giving an approximate idea of the Goods described in them only. The Seller disclaims and the Buyer waives all warranties, express or implied in respect of the Goods, and the Sale of Goods Act (Cap 393) is expressly excluded.
- 2.3 The Buyer is responsible for ensuring that the terms of its order and any applicable specification (if applicable) are complete and accurate, and shall determine the suitability of the Goods for its intended use. If a Buyer has requested certain modifications to the Goods and this was agreed to in writing by the Seller, the determination of whether the modified Goods conforms to the Buyer’s specifications shall be based on a reasonable objective standard. The Buyer acknowledges that it has not relied on any statement, promise, representation, assurance or warranty made or given by or on behalf of the Seller that is not set out in this contract. So long as the Goods supplied are of sound commercial quality, there is no guarantee of their suitability for any specific purpose, even if that purpose is known to the Seller.
2. THE GOODS
- 2A.1 It is the Buyer’s responsibility to check the item references, quantities, and condition of the Goods at the time of delivery. Goods incorrectly dispatched or containing manufacturing defects (which did not result from the acts or omissions of the Buyer) shall be returned within 14 calendar days from the date of delivery of Goods to the Buyer, at the Buyer’s sole cost, expense, and arrangement, save as otherwise agreed to by the Seller in writing.
- 2A.2 In the event Goods are returned to the Seller in compliance with clause 2A.1, then Seller may repair or replace the Goods, or provide a refund (of the amount paid by the Buyer for the relevant Goods returned), at its sole discretion. The remedy provided by the Seller under this clause shall be the Buyer’s sole remedy against the Seller for any incorrect dispatch or manufacturing defects found in the Goods.
- 2A.3 All Goods returned to the Seller pursuant to this clause 2A shall be the property of the Seller.
- 2A.4 The Seller will not be liable for loss of expense arising in connection with the use or inability to use the Goods nor for the consequential loss or damage of any kind. This warranty is in lieu of all other warranties and conditions (implied or expressed at law or otherwise) that exceed the above obligations, and are hereby disclaimed and excluded to the fullest extent permitted by applicable laws.
2A. RETURN OF GOODS
-Incorrect dispatch or manufacturing defects
- 3.1 Prices is exclusive of VAT and are in United Arab Emirates Dirhams. There shall be additional costs (which will be set out on the Website), should the Buyer require express shipment of Goods; such additional charges are clearly displayed and included in the ‘Final Total’.
- 3.2 . We reserve the right to amend the Listing Prices at any time without giving any reason or prior notice.
- 3.3 The Seller shall have the right to adjust/revise the price of the Goods by such amount as it thinks fit, anytime.
- 4.1 Subject to availability, the Goods will be delivered within 7-8 business days of the Buyer’s order (unless otherwise stipulated on the Website) via a third-party courier service of the Seller’s choice, save where the Buyer has opted for an express delivery service, in which case, the delivery time shall be as stipulated on the Website. Notwithstanding the foregoing, all delivery dates and time are estimates only and the time of delivery shall not be of the essence of this contract. Should the Seller (or its courier service) be prevented from or hindered in delivering the Goods or any part thereof by reason of war, riot, explosion, fire, flood, strike, lockout, shortage of materials or labour, delay in delivery or non-delivery by the Seller's suppliers, breakdowns or accidents to machinery, labour strike or dispute, the order or decree of any court, or action of any governmental authority or any other cause or circumstances beyond the Seller’s control (collectively as “Force Majeure Event”), the Seller reserves the right to cancel or suspend the whole or part of any delivery of Goods to the Buyer. In the event the Seller decides to suspend the delivery, the time for delivery shall be extended by a period equal to that during which the cause preventing or hindering delivery exists.
- For the avoidance of doubt, late delivery (regardless whether it is caused by a Force Majeure Event or any other reason whatsoever) shall not be a ground for cancellation or refusal to take delivery of the Goods or constitute a valid claim against the Seller for compensation/indemnification under this contract.
- 4.2 Part delivery - Orders are dispatched complete but in the event of shortages or any other reason beyond the Seller’s control, part delivery may be made in the absence of instruction to the contrary. If the Seller delivers the Goods by instalments, each instalment shall constitute a separate contract and shall be invoiced and paid for separately. Any delay in delivery or defect in an instalment shall not entitle the Buyer to cancel any other instalment.
- 4.3 The Seller shall not in any way be liable to compensate the Buyer in damages or otherwise for non-delivery of the Goods or any part of them unless the Buyer’s claims are submitted in writing.
- If the Goods or any part thereof are damaged or lost while in the custody of a carrier, the Seller will at its sole option either replace such Goods or part thereof or refund to the Buyer the cost or price of the same.
4. DELIVERY & RISK
- 5.1 Payment for the Goods shall be made via modes as permitted by the Website.
- 5.2 Payment shall be made promptly and in full upon confirmation of purchase by the Buyer on the Website, and before the delivery of the Goods.
- 5.3 The Seller shall have the right to refuse to deliver any Goods ordered by the Buyer on the Website, should payment not be made in full prior to delivery.
- 6.1 The Goods are at the risk of the Buyer from the time of delivery but the title of the Goods shall not pass to the Buyer at the time of delivery until all sums due or owing by the Buyer to the Seller on any account whatsoever (including debts arising before the date of this contract) have been paid in full.
- 6.2 Until title and ownership of the Goods have passed to the Buyer:
- (i) The property and title in the Goods shall remain with the Seller and the Buyer shall hold the Goods on a fiduciary basis as bailee for the Seller.
- (ii) The Goods shall be stored separately from all other goods held by the Buyer so that they remain readily identifiable as the Seller's property, and the Buyer shall not remove, deface or obscure any identifying mark or packaging on or relating to the Goods.
- (iii) The Buyer shall maintain the Goods in satisfactory condition.
- (iv) The Seller shall have the right with or without prior notice at any time to take possession of the whole or any part of the Goods (and for that purpose to go onto any premises occupied by the Buyer or any subsidiary, parent or associated company of the Buyer) to the value of all sums due to the Seller, without prejudice to any other right or remedy available to the Seller at law or otherwise.
6. RETENTION OF TITLE
- 7.1 For the purposes of these Conditions, “Trademarks” shall mean all trademarks, brands, logos, or trade names owned by the Seller and/or any of its subsidiary, parent or associated company (including its parent company Essilor International or for which any of them holds rights (collectively as “ TM Proprietor ”); including but not limited to “Lenskart”, “Vincent Chase” and “John Jacobs”.
- 7.2 The Buyer shall purchase and/or use the Goods in such a way that protects the intellectual property rights in the Trademarks, and shall not alter, obscure, remove, cancel or otherwise interfere with any markings (including without limitation, any Trademarks, logos, trade names or trading style in relation to the Goods) which may be placed on the Goods, and are expressly prohibited from using or reproducing the Trademarks in any manner that will harm or bring them into disrepute, including but not limited to using such Trademarks with other goods or products. Any use of or reference to the logos, graphics or Trademarks shall be subject to the prior written consent of the Seller and/or TM Proprietor regardless of the communication medium and shall be used only on genuine Goods manufactured, distributed and/or marketed by the Seller or TM Proprietor. By using the Trademarks, the Buyer shall be deemed as acknowledging that (i) the TM Proprietor is the owner of all rights, titles, and interests in the Trademarks, (ii) all use of the Trademarks inures to the TM Proprietor’s benefit, (iii) it shall not interfere with or challenge the TM Proprietor’s rights in the Trademarks, and (iv) it shall not bring the Trademarks into disrepute, and shall not directly or indirectly reproduce or use any Trademarks in any manner other than expressly authorized by the TM Proprietor. Each written representation of the Trademarks shall be accompanied by the symbol® or TM (as the case may be), and it shall be clearly indicated that the Trademarks are the property of the TM Proprietor.
- 7.3 The Seller shall have the absolute right to take any course of action available to it at law to stop or prevent any unauthorized use of the Trademarks, and recover all damages from the Buyer as a result of a breach of this clause by the Buyer, including but not limited to cancel any orders placed by Buyer without any liability to it for such cancellation, in the case of a breach by the Buyer.
7. TRADEMARKS & ADVERTISING MATERIALS
- 8.1 If the Buyer shall commit any breach of its obligations under this or any other contract, or shall default in payment of any sum due to the Seller under this or any other contract, then in each case the Seller shall have the right to forthwith terminate this contract and to cancel any outstanding delivery without any prejudice to any other right or remedy available to it under law or otherwise.
- 8.2 The Buyer shall not be entitled to cancel this contract without the consent of the Seller, which if given shall be deemed to be on the express condition that the Buyer shall indemnify the Seller against all loss, damage, claims or actions arising out of such cancellation.
- 9.1 The Website is provided “as is” and the Buyer shall assume all risk and responsibility for its use of the Website to purchase the Goods, and the global computer network, including the security or reliability of submitting any personal information through such a network. The Seller does not warrant against unauthorized access to the Website or the complete security of all transactions processed through the Website, and will not be liable for such unauthorized access or breach of security, or any losses that may incur as a result of the use by the Buyer of the Website.
- 9.2 The Seller also disclaims, and the Buyer waives any warranties expressed or implied in respect of the non-infringement of intellectual property or other proprietary rights or compatibility between the Website and other software or hardware.
- 9.3 The Seller’s liability (if any) whether in contract or otherwise in respect of any defect in the Goods or for any breach of this contract or of any duty owed to the Buyer in connection therewith shall be limited to the price of the Goods in question. The Seller shall not be liable for any loss or any duty owed to the Buyer arising from any damage to the Goods occurring after the risk has passed to the Buyer however caused, nor shall any liability of the Buyer to the Seller be diminished or extinguished by reasons such as loss of Goods.
9. DISCLAIMERS AND LIMITATIONS OF LIABILITY
- 10.1 The Seller may at any time assign, transfer, mortgage, charge, subcontract or deal in any other manner with all or any of its rights or obligations under this contract; but the Buyer may not assign, transfer, mortgage, charge, subcontract, declare a trust over or deal in any other manner with any or all of its rights or obligations under this contract without the prior written consent of the Seller.
- 10.2 If any provision or part-provision of this contract is or becomes invalid, illegal or unenforceable, it shall be deemed modified to the minimum extent necessary to make it valid, legal and enforceable under applicable law. If such modification is not possible, the relevant provision or part-provision shall be deemed deleted. Any modification to or deletion of a provision or part-provision under this contract shall not affect the validity and enforceability of the rest of the contract.
- 10.3 No forbearance or indulgence shown or granted by the Seller to the Buyer shall in any way affect or prejudice the right of the Seller against the Buyer or be regarded as a waiver of these Conditions.
- 10.4 A person who is not a party to this contract shall not have any rights to enforce the Conditions stated hereunder.
- The Goods shall not be purchased and/or used if the Buyer does not wish to be bound by this Clause.
- The Buyer shall not undertake the following actions, save with the prior written consent of the Seller:
- By use of the Trademarks or brand of the Goods, bundle products of other brands or trademarks with the Goods;
- Modify the design of the Goods, or instruct companies or factories, whether in the country or overseas, to produce imitations of the Goods, or mix any imitation goods with the Goods; and
- Re-Sell the Goods (whether via the internet, overseas or otherwise) or establishing any branch or distribution depot for doing so.
- Any dispute or claim arising out of or in connection with this website shall be governed and construed in accordance with the laws of UAE.
- We will NOT deal or provide any services or products to any of OFAC (Office of Foreign Assets Control) sanctions countries in accordance with the law of UAE.
11. SPECIFIC RESTRICTIONS